A simple and delicious home made vegan macaroni and cheese recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through my link I earn a small commission at no extra charge to you. I only suggest items I trust. Full Disclosure Here. Thanks for your support.
Good morning, afternoon or evening my readers! This is basically a part two recipe, so if you haven’t yet… go check out how to make the soy cheese recipe here first. This recipe is for a home made soy macaroni and cheese, once again from the great chef, Dakota Mitchell.
Remember you can make suggestions (recipe wise) to Dakota right here.
He works in a kitchen at a resident home in our town. He has the passion of trying to please whoever he can through foods, because it is a genuine comfort thing to everyone. One day he was making lunches as he found out an elderly woman had wanted macaroni and cheese, but she couldn’t because she was lactose intolerant. So Dakota took on the challenge and he found a way to make soy cheese with only 3 ingredients! From there he would be able to make this lady her own soy macaroni and cheese. Here is his recipe in his own words.
Save this recipe to Pinterest for later use! 🙂
Soy Mac & Cheese
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 a cup of Olive Oil
- 1/2 a cup of Flour
- Soy Milk (to texture)
- The Soy Cheese you made
- Whatever noodles you want
Now this one’s got a few more steps then the Soy Cheese recipe did so sit tight. What we are going to be making is called a Bechamel, it’s also called a white sauce but Bechamel sounds cooler so that’s what we will call it. Did you know that this is one of the French “Mother Sauces”? Look it up its kinda cool. But once you add cheese to it, it’s called a Mornay Sauce or a white cheese sauce. Let’s get started!!
- First you’ll want to heat up your pan on a medium high, never put oil into a cool pan or it’ll start to burn. Also start boiling some water for your noodles, can’t have mac and cheese without the noodles.
- Add the olive oil to your warm pan.
- Once your oil is heated up a bit add your flour to the oil and whisk it together.
- You don’t want to burn the flour so reduce the heat to medium and add your Soy Cheese you made earlier.
- Mix those together till thick then slowly add soy milk to thin it out. Add as little or as much as you want!! The more Soy Milk you add the saucier the sauce gets.
- Once you get the Mornay how you want it, go ahead and add it to your noodles (I hope you made the noodles, if not you can let the Mornay sit for as long as you want. If it gets thick just add more Soy Milk).
- Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Want to take this epic, Lactose Free dish to the next level? Put a layer of bread crumbs on that puppy and throw it in a 300 degree oven for 15-20 minutes to make an epic baked Mac & Cheese!!
- Serve this baby with whatever sides you want and boom you’ve got dinner for two!! Adjust the recipe if you want to serve more people. Heck why not triple it and invite the neighbors?
Just so you know this Mac and Cheese is made with soy so it’s going to be a bit sweeter than your regular Mac and Cheese. I hope you enjoy this, who doesn’t enjoy Mac and Cheese? Well now your Lactose intolerant family can enjoy some as well. TADA!
If you liked this, please go ahead and share on Pinterest!
Follow Dakota Here
I hope this has helped someone out, remember to comment below if you have tried this and let me (us) know how this turned out! We are always open to suggestions from our readers. As always,